DevOps Engineer/IT Admin
- Vacancy: DevOps Engineer / IT Admin (m/w/d)
- Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Location: Munich, Germany
- Job Type: Permanent, full-time contract
We are looking for a DevOps engineer / IT Admin
Delivering high-quality products and services to our clients is what we do best, but ensuring this level is consistently met requires that the systems we deliver, as well as our own IT infrastructure, are running at the optimal level.
We are looking for an engineer to support our existing DevOps Lead in implementing solutions for a wide variety of applications and hosting providers while working hand in hand with developers and the IT team.
The right candidate for this role will have strong DevOps experience - this is the core of the expected role - but also be open to supporting the IT Admin team from time to time. The role would ideally suit a mid-level DevOps engineer with some background/interest in IT Administration.
While you love working with up-to-date technology, you prefer to keep one step behind the "bleeding edge". Daily work routine includes creating and optimizing delivery pipelines, maintaining currently running projects on different environments, creating and keeping watch on monitoring solutions, and having a hand in day-to-day IT systems administration.
Who we are?
Acrontum GmbH is a modern web development and IT consulting company based in Munich, Germany. Over the years we have built up trust with our clients, large and small, to deliver bespoke applications with modern technologies; the current horizon being APIs delivered via NodeJS in micro-service architectures deployed in Kubernetes clusters (K8s) while keeping a weather eye on the technological edge with topics such as Design-to-Code solutions for the front-end. Our agile & interdisciplinary squads all work to agile methodologies allowing us to be fast in delivery.
Above all, we are a hard-working team-centric company that thoroughly enjoys the technologies and projects we work in.
Check out Kununu to see how our employees rate acrontum!
What we an expect from you
- Building new and maintaining existing Docker images
- Maintaining and setting up Kubernetes Clusters in more than just AWS
- Gitlab: knowledge from CI/D to groups and permissions
- Bash scripting
- AWS experience with Cloudwatch, API Gateway, API Keys, Security, IAM, and infrastructure
- Additionally / alternatively hands-on experience with configuring and maintaining Openshift based environments
- Experience with Monitoring tools (i.e. Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana)
- A team player with Agile experience in a Scrum setup
- Excellent time management skills
- Very good English language skills
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience
On the IT Admin side, It would be nice if you had some of the following:
- Understanding of networking, the capability to troubleshoot network problems
- Active Directory (User, group management), Azure AD and O365 hands-on experience - knowledge about Microsoft ecosystem
- Experience with Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) – both client and server systems administration
- Webhosting (Apache, PLESK, WordPress) as well as VPS experience
What we offer you:
- Autonomy and responsibility
- Flexible work schedule (flextime and remote working)
- Retirement pension plan
- The acrontum Incubator - bring your best ideas and potentially bring them to life under the wing of acrontum
- Great teammates with a highly cooperative spirit and top-notch knowledge to learn from
- Fun team events
- Modern, open office space with high-end equipment (including a kicker/foosball table and gaming room)
- Lounge area, desks with height adjustment system, diverse working area, conference rooms, creativity, and meeting & project rooms
- Free fruits, beverages, and coffee (state-of-the-art Italian espresso machine)
- Agile development that is constantly improving through your feedback
- Supportive environment - your ideas are encouraged for how we work and what we build for our clients
- Client projects for major brands in sports, healthcare, and automotive industries (to name a few)
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19 and in order to prevent further spread, we will now conduct all interviews remotely via phone or Skype/Teams. Thank you very much for your understanding!
Did we spark your interest?
Get in touch today: